Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!





Yes, although it's not as big of a deal as at home, they do celebrate Halloween in Hong Kong.

There are alley ways of markets all through central Hong Kong, and one particular alley is dedicated to costumes, wigs and crazy accessories all year long.  Halloween is clearly their biggest time of the year, so the displays and costume options are insane!  I had grand intentions of being something creative this year... but my expanding big belly made it easiest to be a big round pumpkin.

This past weekend we went to a Halloween party at our friend's place (Pat & Gillian, expats from NYC).  They have an great flat in an area called Wan Chai, with a stellar roof top patio, where they host awesome parties.  I figured this would be a good time to introduce my friends and family from home to some of my friends here in the Kong... Introducing:


Pat, costume best not explained... 




Dustin & Rina, Canadians dressed as HK taxis! (My fav costumes!)
The ladies love a player.

Da boys.
Rhys with Beth (my sista from another mista) as a pregnant lady! (Photo is Beth's)
Natasha & Rhys, beautiful British sailors!

My girls:  Rina, Natasha, Gillian and I.

Beth (after she gave birth) and Natasha with a pumpkin filling.
Aline and Rich "Pardy" - Canadian friends




Group shot - feel the love!


The girls, past 2am (& past preggo's bedtime) when wigs and cuddling on the couch were natural



No comments:

Post a Comment