Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rolling in the Deep...

During our Phenomenal Philippines vacation, the Foley's went scuba diving.

The doctor narrowly passed me, considering my diagnosis of narcolepsy.  Seeing that I was all drugged up (totally legit, I take proper meds for the condition) and unlikely to take a nap 12 meters below the surface, the doc hesitantly signed off on my dive.  I was VERY conscious not to yawn while in his office.  Just reading that, I bet you yawned.  Thinking of yawning makes it incredibly difficult not to yawn. Yawn, yawn, yawn.  [I've yawned 3 times while writing this, but then again, I'm narcoleptic].

It's a bit curious that I didn't have to answer any health questions or get a doc to sign off last time I dove... oh wait, no it's not, that was Thailand.  This outfit was far more formal, and certainly more strict than the last time we went diving, when the instructor let me go quite a bit deeper than I was supposed to.  None the less, we had a wonderful dive surrounded by stunning brightly coloured fish and intricate coral.





















The pictures in this entry are sub-par.  They were taken with an underwater disposable film camera.  I tried editing them, but they aren't outstanding.  The beauty underwater is difficult to capture... especially with low light and crappy photography equipment.  Use your imagination.





3 comments:

  1. Where are the pics of Foley in his bather??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Trish - what an amazing experience! I also did my dive certification, including my advanced dive cert, in Thailand, where the water was 30 degrees celcius and the coral and fish were stunning - that's the way to do it! :-D I loved every moment that I was under water - too incredible to describe and I certainly know what you mean about the colours and sheer thrill of the experience not being accurately represented in disposable camera photos! I've been to Hong Kong, as well, so I'm really interested to hear about what you're doing over there! I will have to dig deeper into your blog when I have more time but I'm glad you're doing well and enjoying your time over there - what a different world, eh?
    Chat soon!
    Melissa Ruth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic. Mike has once again proven the free white beer t-shirts are suitable for ALL occasions.

    ReplyDelete