Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sign Humour

I have been sick for the past week (just a gross cold), and Mike is away.  Without much current excitement in my life, I am posting a series of signs that I have taken photos of, over the past few months.  It seems quite often there's something 'lost in translation'.  Here are some which have made me giggle.

The full sign.
These first few are of signs on the escalator, which carries people from down town up the mountain to the more residential areas. Foley posted this first one to his facebook, so you may have seen it before.  It's absolutely perplexing.
Zoomed in... hmmmm.

That's right, no smoking for you, or your car... ??

"BUT I WANT TO GO THE OTHER WAY!!...
NOOOOOOOOOO!!"
The next two signs have to do with public spitting.  It is quite common here to hork a big one without a shred of shame... gross.  Apparently the government really stepped up the campaigns against spitting after SARS, hence the focus on germs.
Action shot. *gag*.  The thumbs up really gets me. 
In the city bus, this reminder not to bring bombs or poison on board sure made me think twice about what I packed in my purse.

What to do without my naked lights?


 The best ever movie ad.  I think I may go see this one, just because of the title.


My favourite part about this next one is the total lack of English with the exception of "say bye bye" and the slogan "the clear way to a confident smile".  However, when you actually look at the cartoon (also hilarious), it's not clear at all.


A random business that I must check out one of these days.  It's Canadian, and it's all about sleeping.  It calls to me.

 For those days when I feel so disgustingly skinny it's unbearable, it's nice to know that there are places to go like "Yiu Fat Seafood" restaurant.


This final ad I have no idea what it is about or what it's for, but it makes me want to throw up in my mouth.  Nasty.








No comments:

Post a Comment